Careers at MHAO
Current Open Positions:
Title or Position: Office Coordinator (Part-time)
Description: Provides administrative support to the Executive Director, Accountant and staff of Mental Health America of Oregon. The Office Coordinator plays multiple roles with the goal of ensuring that timelines are met and the office runs smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides administrative and coordination support for Programs and Administration of the agency by maintaining a central calendar of events, and sharing updates with staff and/or Board members as needed.
· Create and maintain agency records and files, including HR files, Accounting files, and Grant files, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
· Assists Accountant with accounts payable, tracking expenses, coding and records utilizing QuickBooks.
· Assist with preparation for and documentation related to federally funded grants.
· Manages correspondence and maintains relationships with community members, vendors, collaborating agencies and MHAO Board.
· Coordinates or provides maintenance for all office equipment, phone systems and DropBox.
· Communication point person for phones, faxes, and mail for the MHAO/Peerlink team.
· Maintains office procedure policies and purchase of supplies according to agency policy and procedure.
· Maintains the MHAO/Peerlink Office as a warm and welcoming environment.
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for Position: Prior administrative/coordination/office experience required; previous experience working with Human Resources, QuickBooks, Desktop Publishing and/or Accounts Payable is beneficial.
Supervisory Relationships: Reports directly to Executive Director.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
· Ability to work independently within parameters outlined by the Executive Director.
· Ability to work effectively as a team player.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent organization and administrative support skills.
· Ability to multi-task competing priorities on a daily and hourly basis.
· Problem-solving abilities and purchasing with an eye for cost-savings.
· Highly skilled with Microsoft Office suite software, including Publisher.
· Ability to effectively use email and database software.
· Ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people who have varied skills and knowledge.
Prior Experience: The ideal candidate will be a consumer/survivor/person with lived experience of mental health recovery and peer support. Experience working with mental health consumers and/or an understanding of the mental health consumer movement preferred. Experience working with diverse communities preferred.
Personal Qualities: Belief in mental health recovery and the power of peer support. Support of MHAO’s mission. Reliability, punctuality, ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Able to meet deadlines. Sense of humor preferred.
Our Mission: Mental Health America of Oregon is an inclusive grassroots mental health organization dedicated to empowering consumer/survivor voices to drive services and policies that foster wellness and full participation in life choices and recovery.
Hours per Week: 20 hours/week – this is a non-exempt position.
Wage: $15 - $18/hour
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Monday, March 9th, 2015 at 3pm.