Temporary Administrative Assistant
TITLE: Temporary Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Operations Director, before Parental Leave. Will report to Executive Director afterward.
PAY RANGE: $15-18/hour
FTE: .50 (20 hours per week)
BENEFITS: This is not a benefited position, however, does accrue PTO and Wellness hours in accordance with the MHAO Employee Handbook.
DURATION: Expected duration of this position is 3 to 4 months.
Instructions to Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is 5:00 pm, February 28, 2018.
Job Summary: Provides administrative support to the administration department and staff of Mental Health Association of Oregon.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communication point person for phones, faxes, and outgoing mail. Will sort mail to intended parties.
- Maintaining Accounting, Organizational, and Human Resource files.
- Purchase of supplies according to agency policy and procedure on a weekly basis.
- As requested, make travel arrangements for staff and/or colleagues.
- Order, pickup or have food delivered for meetings/trainings.
- Maintains the MHAO Office as a warm, clean and welcoming environment.
- Provides administrative and coordination support for Programs and Administration of the agency as assigned.
- Assists Accountant with accounts payable, tracking expenses, coding and records utilizing QuickBooks.
- Assists with customer service calls to vendors regarding billing errors.
- Assist with maintaining up-to-date information on the MHAO website, as directed by the Operations Director/Executive Director.
Qualifications for Position: Experience with Microsoft Suite and QuickBooks required.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to work independently within parameters outlined by the Opeation Director.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and administrative support skills.
- Ability to multi-task competing priorities on a daily and hourly basis.
- Problem-solving abilities and purchasing with an eye for cost-savings.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office suite and QuickBooks software.
- Ability to effectively use email and database software.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people who have varied skills and knowledge.
Prior Experience: Experience working with mental health consumers and/or an understanding of the mental health consumer movement preferred. Experience working with diverse communities preferred.
Personal Qualities: Belief in mental health recovery and the power of peer support. Support of MHAO’s mission. Reliability, punctuality, ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Able to meet deadlines. Sense of humor preferred.
The omission of a specific accountability will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of the position.
Employment with Mental Health Association of Oregon is "at-will." This means employees are free to resign at any time, with or without cause, and Mental Health Association of Oregon may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause or advance notice. As an at-will employee, it is not guaranteed, in any manner, that you will be employed with Mental Health Association of Oregon for any set period of time.
Mental Health Association of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Mental Health Association of Oregon are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, Veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.